Monday, July 6, 2009

People Say Things

And I repeat them here because I find them interesting:

"Eight percent of our brains, my a**."
-- A comment on the announcement that ABC, NBC, MSNBC, CNN and the E! network will all offer live coverage of the Michael Jackson memorial service (CBS may or may not, but since only three or four people watch their news anyway it may not matter).

"There are two options: You lay down or you keep going. The second option sounded better to me."
-- Andy Roddick on how he stayed in his monumental Wimbledon finals match with Roger Federer.

"What the university stands for is serious inquiry, and it is open to change when change is called for."
-- Former University of Chicago student government president commenting on the school's policy that will allow upperclass students to select roommates of the opposite sex. I predict some serious inquiry from a bunch of guys with "My Money and My Daughter Go to the University of Chicago" bumper stickers.

Many people have said many things about Alaska Governor Sarah Palin's decision to resign her office later this month -- too many to list here. What are her reasons? What will this do to her political career? What will happen next for her? There are so many differing opinions I just can't sort them out. What will I do? I know! To select the most knowledgeable and therefore most accurate opinion, I will listen to the people who predicted she would resign!

[cricket...cricket...cricket]

Maybe I'll get back to you on that one.

No comments: