Saturday, August 15, 2009

Ah, Memories!

Not for me, of course. I was four and I was at the time of Woodstock and probably more concerned about the impending massive life upheaval the adults gave the impossible-to-say name of "kindergarten" -- "No, not garden, kindergarten with a 't.'" I remember this disappointed me, because my grandparents had a massive garden and it was fun, especially eating fresh peas right out of the pod.

Although, considering what I've seen in the film, pulling food out of the dirt probably happened at Woodstock as well, and what my sister and cousins and I did to Grampa's pea production might rival what those folks did to Max Yasgur's and the surrounding farms.

Anyway, you too can help celebrate "three whole days of love and peace and joy" by coughing up eighty big ones (sixty if you order online!) for the privilege. No word on whether or not they'll start giving them away free after the first few thousand people knock down the fence.

No comments: