Thursday, May 6, 2010

I'm Not Laughing With You...

...Comedy Central. I'm laughing at you. I'm laughing at you because you think you're edgy. I'm laughing at you because your head of original programming says "comedy in its purist form is uncomfortable" -- I don't know if "purist" is a misspelled version of "purest" and if it is, whether the error is with you or with the web article writer. I'm pretty sure that comedy, in its purest or purist form, is...what's the word...tip of my tongue...funny! Yes, that's it! It's funny!

Sometimes the funny is comfortable like a Cosby Show episode and sometimes it's uncomfortable, but the common factor, if you will, is that it's FUNNY!

I'm laughing at you because when the usual suspects get hot and bothered about your inane and ultimately irrelevant little cartoon you'll talk about your bravery and your artistic independence even though it's been barely weeks since you censored a South Park episode that showed the prophet Mohammed. I'm laughing at you because you're providing one of the best examples of the emperor's new courage with such a straight face it's the kind of thing no writer would ever dare make up.

Most of all I'm laughing at you because mockery is earned and you, Comedy Central, have gone above and beyond to earn this..

No comments: