Monday, September 6, 2010

Not Bad

So today was in fact, my birthday. Every now and again it falls on Labor Day, which means I can pretend the country takes a day off in my honor. My mother says the actual birth was on a Saturday, but she still considers it labor day. I can't offer much of an argument; although I was present, I was not paying much attention to anything other than the masked giant hoisting me upside down and smacking me in the middle of a very cold room.

In addition to all of us U.S. folks getting the day off, TCM also decided to show Tender Mercies, the 1983 movie that won Oscars for lead Robert Duvall and screenwriter Horton Foote. One of my top films, top actors and top writers. No specific birthday message was offered by the cable channel, but sometimes you have to read between the lines.

A significant number of Facebook friends wished me happiness on this day, as well as thanked me for their holiday - heh. Spent the day with the folks, dined out and generally took it easy.

Well played, birthday. Well played indeed.

No comments: