Sunday, November 14, 2010

Silly Love (And Other) Songs

"And when we get behind closed doors
And she lets her hair hang down
That's when she makes me glad that I'm a man
'Cause no one knows
What goes on behind closed doors."

Well, they do now, Charlie.

"Our little pony-tailed girl growed up to be a woman
Now she's gone in the blink of an eye
She left the suds in the bucket
And the clothes hangin' out on the line"


Ran away with nothing more than a note on the door? Yeah, that's the sign of a grown-up.

"I dug my key into the side
Of his pretty little souped-up 4 wheel drive
Carved my name into his leather seat
I took a Louisville slugger to both head lights
Slashed a hole in all 4 tires
And maybe next time he'll think before he cheats"


Maybe he'll think, "I wonder if this girl has enough anger issues she thinks vandalism and property damage is an acceptable way to resolve relationship issues and is stupid enough to sign her name to her work?"

1 comment:

philip vm said...

go easy on sara evans: "suds in the bucket" is a great song, dammit! and at least she hung the clothes up before she took off...

heh heh. (one day 'til the springsteen boxed set: i'm set 'til the spring!)