Monday, January 3, 2011

Resolution Rumble

The gym was quite full this afternoon, much more so than usual for this time on a Monday.

The workout room attendants said this sort of thing happens for about the first three weeks of the year, until the folks who aren't going to stick with their New Year's resolutions to lose some weight start to lose their resolve instead.

Can't point too many fingers at them, because I've traveled that road too. And it does mean there are a lot of new people around. That's interesting, at least. Moreso than some of the regulars whose conversation consists almost entirely of what parts of the body they have been working out on that day:

"Yeah, today I pushed myself on those metatarsals. But I haven't been happy with how my Islets of Langerhans look and I think I'll do a lot with them tomorrow."

No comments: