Friday, March 4, 2011

TV Execs Defy Description, Part 43

If you are tired of how many times I am a Firefly fanboy geek on my blog, I cannot help you. But this particular bit showcases the current absence of clues required to help run a television network.

Yes, according to the person who was responsible for canceling the show, the basic act of airing its episodes in order had no real impact on its ratings. See the pilot first? The show that sets up the premise for the series and introduces three fairly pivotal characters to the good ship Serenity that will drive a good bit of the overall story arc? Nah, why bother. Won't make a difference. Just show any of 'em and then shrug and go "Beats me" when someone asks why the ratings are so low the show has to be canceled.

Couple of posts ago I said it was technically impossible to have a brainless idea, because all ideas have corresponding neurological activity in the brain.

Kudos to Ms. Berman for working so hard to prove me wrong.

And this is this blog's 900th post! Can I run my mouth or what?

No comments: