Monday, July 11, 2011

Believe What You Want to Believe

"Jesus being God isn’t farfetched to me...The idea that the entire course of civilization for over half of the globe could have its fate changed and turned upside-down by a nutcase, for me, that’s farfetched."

Yes, sometimes he is a windbag who poses a little bit too much. And maybe he and his bandmates "turned their backs" on their irony-laden work of the 90s in order to "settle for" All That You Can't Leave Behind, How To Dismantle an Atomic Bomb and No Line on the Horizon.

But then he'll say something like the above, found reprinted here, and I can't help but think how many folks just got the reality of the gospel stood up in front of them bigger than life and twice as bold because he did. Heck, it even reminded me of a couple of things, and I talk about the gospel for a living. ;-)

No comments: