Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Paint Job

Here's a post from JenX about an intriguing phenomenon of painting old cars with a profusion of corporate logos, slogans and advertising (No, it's not NASCAR). They are apparently called "donk" cars, and the story of how they came to be popular is kind of interesting.

Although I might like to reboot history and claim that my high school ride -- a 1968 Impala -- was an early version of a donk car, I am pretty sure that its colorful exterior was the result of different supplies of primer, paint and at least one fender from another automobile entirely, so I don't think it counts.

1 comment:

CGHill said...

Don't feel bad. My '66 Nova, from roughly the cowl forward, had evidently been painted with a gallon or two of Sears Weatherbeater, applied with a worn roller.