Sunday, May 26, 2013

And Now, About My Lawn...

So, in the last couple of weeks, The Office television show ended. Also in TV news, Community apparently got very bad and is getting worse, we finally (almost) met the title character in How I Met Your Mother and episodes of Arrested Development became available to stream online. Saturday Night Live lost two cast members who have had large roles on the show in recent years. On the big screen, the Hangover movies aired the finale of the trilogy and Fast and Furious churned out number six in its franchise.

Musically, singer Miguel caused some concern when his stage-dive at the Billboard Music Awards almost seriously injured a fan. Nikki Minaj caused an uproar when she more or less lap-danced rapper Li'l Wayne during their duet. Rapper Chief Keef grumbled at Katy Perry -- by means of a Tweeted threat to strike her -- when she Tweeted something negative about his latest song, and Perry quickly apologized.

I realized after catching up on some of this stuff via links on different pages or news crawls on TV that I have officially become a curmudgeon. Not because I didn't know who three-quarters of these people were or had watched barely a half-dozen episodes of their different shows; that just means I'm out of touch. No, I'm a curmudgeon because I'm trying to figure out a way to get that last one-fourth out of my brain altogether.

2 comments:

Elizabeth - Elizabeth-Michelle.com said...

What *do* you watch on television?

Friar said...

Heh -- Burn Notice, sports, Justified, TCM...I sometimes wonder why I own the thing.