Sunday, August 10, 2014

The Show That Never Ends Has Risen From the Grave...Again

Lightning scared the squirrels in my cable hookup, so my television and internet are offline, unless I am at the office or McDonald's.

My conversation with the CableOne tech support person was pretty ordinary, although his instructions to unplug the cable and then plug it back in made for the third time I had done that -- once troubleshooting on my own, once at the direction of the recorded support line and then once as told to by him. But it did leave me with one question.

I know why the support people ask if there's anything else they can do -- because it's in the script. But I am curious about how they would respond if I said "Yes," and then named some task. Maybe if I get one that's dense sometime, I'll give it a shot.

No comments: