Tuesday, September 22, 2015

To the Lab!

This post on Scientific American's "Ask the Brains" feature has a headline that asks an important question: "Can Napping Make Us Smarter?" Sleep researcher Kimberly Cote then offers a few hundred words of an answer.

Although I am not a professional researcher, I know that a central tenet of science is that assertions must be verified by experimentation. Therefore I do not simply acccept Ms. Cote's conclusions just because she directs the Sleep Research Laboratory at Brock University in Ottawa, Canada, and just because these answers appear in Scientific American.

Like any real scientist would, I will investigate these assertions for myself, via extensive research. Starting tomorrow afternoon, after the church secretary leaves for the day.

No comments: