Sunday, March 6, 2016

In Honor Of...

I am sure I do not need to tell most of you that today is National Oreo Day (of course, considering what I believe to be the case about my readership numbers, "most" is a relative term).

The International Business Times story notes a couple of interesting things, among them that Oreos are not the original cookie-frosting sandwich. That honor belongs to Hydrox, which is currently marketed by a company called Leaf Brands that's also brought back other disappeared treat lines. This goes to show that being first is not always a guarantee of permanence.

The calendar of national food days misses a great opportunity by not scheduling National Milk Day for March 7 (it's January 11) and having the two overlap. It's possible that they think such an obvious ploy to gain applause would cheapen the meaning of the national food days, so I defer to their better judgment.

No comments: