Wednesday, April 27, 2016

A Response

As a United Methodist, I am all in favor of my coreligionist Harriet Tubman taking her place as someone honored on our nation's currency. She is more than worthy of the honor, and she replaces a man whose record carries some considerable baggage. However, this appeared in my inbox recently:

"Spectral communication with Andrew Jackson from the great beyond was able to record his reaction to being replaced on the $20 bill. The shade of late president said, 'You've got the likely nominee from my party being investigated for conducting top-secret national communications on a machine in her basement and the likely nominee from the other party facing a lawsuit for scamming people with a fake "university." I really don't want to be anywhere near your money.'"

No comments: