Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Careful Examination

I've spent much of my news-reading time today gathering information about some rather unsavory and potentially damaging habits of the President-elect.

I'm talking about George Mason University economics professor Don Boudreaux's commentary on the Prez-elect's understanding of trade, both international and otherwise, of course. Because I'm a grownup and I'd like to figure out what the guy about to sit in the Oval Office doesn't know diddly about (quick answer: lots).

Every blithering idiot who salivated over, repeated, retweeted and chortled about the made-up crap that made-up crap dispenser Buzzfeed offered has made it that much less likely people will pay attention to reports about the actual flaws Donald Trump will bring to the presidency. They will certainly pay less attention to reports on them from said idiots.

The wind has been sewn, and the reaping time nears.

3 comments:

latoberg said...

It sounds like a perfectly executed PR campaign to me.

Friar said...

I'd agree with you if I thought that anyone involved, either on the media side or the Trump side, was smart enough to pull that off. I don't ;-)

Jennifer Chronicles (jenx67.com) said...

Honestly, I don't know what to think anymore!