Tuesday, May 3, 2011

A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Movie...

I'm on a mailing list to a movie spoiler website and was recently sent a link to the spoiler for the upcoming movie Thor. I deleted it right away, because I want to see that movie and if I read about it, I will wonder why I should bother.

It's kind of interesting to me that I'll only look at the spoilers if I don't want to see a movie or if I've already seen it, to check if there's something I missed. Apparently a lot of the time these days, I want to know what happened in a movie but I don't want to sit through it. Which is weird, because there are a ton of movies I've seen a bunch of times but which I will sit through again anyway. And others that I look forward to watching when they air on TV, even though I might even own a DVD copy.

I'd say it has to do with the low quality of modern movies, but I don't think that's the case. I think there are great movies made today and I think there have been crappy movies made since the invention of film. But I do believe that the volume of crappy movies is enough that I've gotten picky about what I want to spend my money and time on. So as long as someone else who's already spent their money and time is willing to write out what they had to sit through, I'm golden.

4 comments:

latoberg said...

Spoiler Alert -

Big blond Nord will hit something with a big hammer.

But I have to go see it.

Friar said...

Yeah, this one's probably a "see either way" for me, too.

latoberg said...

Well worth the money. And deserving of another round.

Planning on going with Dane at Annual Conference at some point. You in?

Friar said...

There is merit in this idea. I probably will be.