Sunday, October 16, 2011

Why Do They Call It Entertainment Again?

Season two of The Walking Dead premieres tonight. It's a zombie movie spread out over (so far) two TV seasons, based on a comic book that's spread out over (so far) 89 issues and eight years. The dead rise and (as the title indicates) they walk. They desire to eat or kill the living or both; I'm not sure which because I haven't watched it or read the comic, as I find yet another iteration of Night of the Living Dead significantly unthrilling.

Apparently the initial plan to make a sequel to Top Gun some 25 years after the original is stalled, pending a reboot of sorts to set it in current times. Gosh, I really hope it's as good as the Footloose remake!

2 comments:

TodBryant said...

I thought Season 1 of Walking Dead was pretty good. Can't get anyone else in the house to watch it, though.

Friar said...

I imagine it's a matter of preference -- I've got zip desire to invest in the genre anymore, good or bad.