Tuesday, November 1, 2011

What a Difference a Year Makes

November is the month bloggers are encouraged to post every day; it has some squashed-together name but I can never remember it. I've done that the last couple of years, but last year, when December 1 came around, I thought I might try to continue the schedule and see how far I could take it. Today's post means I have posted at least one entry every day for a year. I haven't done that much continuous writing since I worked for the newspaper.

Some entries were pretty short, and there were days when the midnight hour drew near and naught inspirational could be found 'pon the wide, wide web. Some days when I knew I would be away from the internet were posted in advance, as Blogger has a neat feature that lets you schedule a time in the future when a post will appear. So when I was going to be at church camp, I could pre-write a few posts and set them up to show up one a day. Some may call that cheating, to which I have to reply, there's a rulebook for this? And, bite me.

Sticking to this schedule made me admire bloggers who post every day especially when they're not professional content providers but just folks who like to run at the mouth and have been waiting for the internet to arrive so they could do so without needing to be hired for it.

I imagine I'll try to keep posting more regularly than I did before entering on this little experiment, but I won't have to hit the panic button when 11:50 PM rolls around and I've got nothing, I tell you, nothing! It was more work than I imagined, but I had fun with it. Hope you did too.

1 comment:

tutuizord said...

Just be cool and post at will.