Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Play that Funky Music Game

I can resist most of the "notes about yourself" memes on Facebook, but the music ones are way too tempting. A friend recently did one of the usual ones, which is that you put your music program on "shuffle" and answer the questions with the song title that appears. Here is what I posted, somewhat edited:

What do your friends think of you?
"Soon" (Mesk Elil, Souad Massi) -- My friends seem to have a case of the old pronoun trouble.

If someone says, “Is this okay?” You say?
"Flathead" (Costello Music, The Fratellis) -- Seems I don't like to be asked that question.

How would you describe yourself?
"One Foot in the Honky-Tonk" (One Foot in the Honky-Tonk, Jason Ringenberg) -- Really?

What do you like in a girl/boy?
"Your Phone's Off the Hook But You're Not" (The Best: Make the Music Go Bang, X) -- Must be a pre- "call waiting" song.

How do you feel today?
"Headed for the Ditch" (Brand New Year, The Bottle Rockets) -- It's because one foot's in the honky-tonk instead of on the brake.

What is your life’s purpose?
"Fire of God" (You Remain, The Sonflowerz) -- The Lord is apparently in a playful mood with my shuffle button today.

What is your motto?
"Rusty Cage" (Unchained, Johnny Cash) -- A song that could put hair on Phil Donahue's chest.

What do you think about very often?
"Stay" (Pray for Rain, PFR) -- I might have a hidden desire to be a dog trainer.

What do you think of your best friend?
"Adagio-Allegro from Dietrich Buxtehude's 'Sonata in D, Op.2'" (Baroque, Eroica Trio) -- Apparently words can't express what I think.

What do you think of the person you like?
"Thundercrack" (Tracks, Bruce Springsteen) -- Nah, I ain't goin' there.

What is your life story?
"Three Years Blind" (Feelin' Kind of Lucky, Big Sandy and His Fly-Rite Boys) -- The other reason I'm headed for the ditch (See #5).

What do you want to be when you grow up?
"Annie Get Your Gun" (Singles - 45's and Under, Squeeze) -- Seems whatever I want to be will require a shootin' iron.

What do you think of when you see the person you like/love?
"Just Playin' Possum" (Don't Rock the Jukebox, Alan Jackson) -- Women have rejected me in a lot of ways, but I don't think playing dead has ever occurred to them. Until now, of course.

What will you dance to at your wedding?
"Dust on the Bible" (Real Men Cry, Lost Dogs) -- Dust? In my line of work? Are you kidding?

What will they play at your funeral?
"You Throw Parties, We Throw Knives" (Sticking Fingers Into Sockets, Los Campesinos!) -- Guess it might not be just my funeral.

What is your hobby/interest?
"Highway Delight" (You Can't Fix Stupid, Ron White) -- Ah, no.

What is your biggest fear?
"Sugar Coated Love" (Born to Play the Blues, Larry McCray) -- You know, the video for that Def Leppard song always did scare me a little.

What is your biggest secret?
"Wicked Ride" (Some Lessons, Melody Gardot) -- I've owned a '68 Impala, an '87 VW and a '96 Toyota Tacoma. If I've ever had a wicked ride somebody's been keeping it secret from me.

What do you think of your friends?
"Through These Eyes" (White Light White Heat White Trash, Social Distortion) I may have some pronoun trouble, too.

What will you post this as?
"Here's to the Morning Glory" (Greatest Hits Vol. VIII, The Bilge Pumps)

No comments: