Saturday, July 4, 2009

Don't Get It...

Why in the world, if George Lucas is going to put all kinds of little bells and whistles in the so-called standard versions of the original three "Star Wars" films, would he not fix the absolutely awful green screen shots when Luke Skywalker battles the rancor in the pit below Jabba's throne room in Return of the Jedi?

A friend asked me why so few movie posts this summer. Well, I haven't gotten around to seeing Up yet, and during June, that was about the only big movie released that month that wouldn't insult a pre-schooler's intelligence.

Seriously -- although I might have a whole lot of fun finding ways to snark about tripe like Land of the Lost, Year One and Transformers 2, doing so would require me seeing them, and unless I can find someone to pour Tabasco in my eyes first, I'm not doing that.

2 comments:

latoberg said...

Let me just say that Transformers didn't even come close to the first one in pure adrenaline, geekiness fun.

And you would have to pour the tabasco in your ears as well. The profanity was quadruple the amount in the first movie.

Friar said...

The cartoon's peak hit too late in my life for me to be interested in either one, to be honest. I was neither here nor there about #1 and ended up missing it, but actively disinterested in #2.

Was sorry to read that it was bad for your younguns; I will live with the profanity in something like Gran Torino, but in a kid-aimed film? No way.