Sunday, August 9, 2009

A Few Things Here and There

Spiked Online reviews a book by author Jeremy Taylor that addresses lots of common ideas about how similar human beings and chimpanzees are in their genetic makeup. He looks at the common observation that the two species share 98.4% of their DNA from the other end -- the 1.6% we don't share. Which ought to be common sense -- that 1.6% is why I am typing at this keyboard (and you are reading on your computer) and why chimps eat termites.

Malcolm Gladwell is always interesting, sometimes very insightful and every now and again stupid in a really big way.

As a pastor, I'll do a lot to help out my people. But I'll draw the line at marrying their horses.

The mayor of a town in Italy collected a little bit from the town employees and bought a lottery ticket. The key line: "Right now we think we have a better chance of winning SuperEnalotto than getting funds owed to us from the state."

I hate it when camels use my bathroom, but these Australians are serious about it...

Even in this economy, your home is your best investment...

No comments: