Monday, November 23, 2009

Clash of the Titans!

The standard tell-off to a bully picking on a smaller person is "Why don't you go pick on someone your own size?" It's meant to get the bully to stop and maybe induce a little shame by pointing out the bully is not playing fair and is in fact picking on a smaller, weaker opponent who can't fight back effectively.

When I read this story in the Financial Times, I had the feeling that Microsoft, News Corp. and Google had all finally found someone their own size to pick on. This could be kind of like watching the giant monsters smack each other around Tokyo.

And yes, my mention of the Financial Times could legitimately be considered a kind of name-dropping designed to showcase my vast intellect. Of course, everyone who knows me knows I'm compensating -- my intellect is not that vast, especially in certain areas *cough*math*cough. And other than my pension fund, I don't play around with too much financial market stuff.

Let's just say that my financial picture is well-suited to the arithmetic skills I possess. Hey, I know what size I can pick on...

No comments: