Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Bad Wolf!

Although the post title refers to a TV show, it's not that one.

I'm actually admonishing TV producer Dick Wolf, creator of the various Law & Order TV series. Dick, you're killin' me here.

You go and cast one of my favorite actresses and singers, Sutton Foster, in an episode -- since she's a stage gal who makes most of her living in New York City where the show is set, it makes me wonder what took you so long. But you put her in the weakest show of the franchise, Law & Order: Special Victims Unit, where the lead characters have become two of the most insufferably self-righteous people on television and where the stories are such retreads I can recite the dialogue three beats before the actors do.

And then you cast the revolting Kathy Griffin in the same episode, meaning I have to watch her in order to watch the actress I'm an actual fan of.

Like I said, you're killin' me with this show.

Ah well -- maybe I can dream tonight while I sleep, and picture my perfect Law and Order episode: Joe Fontana and Mike Logan investigate a crime, reporting to their captain, Lennie Briscoe. The evidence goes to executive assistant district attorney Ben Stone who, aided by assistant DA Abbie Carmichael, prosecutes the case under the guidance of District Attorney Adam Schiff. At first, it looks like the rich white businessman committed the murder to cover up a nefarious scheme that used orphans, kittens and puppies to test illegal drugs, but in a shocking Law & Order twist, it turns out to have been a career criminal looking for drug money.

No comments: