Thursday, April 1, 2010

Will I Have to Buy an Adult Ticket?

Recently, the first official trailer for Sylvester Stallone's The Expendables went online, although some unofficial footage has been cyberspacing around for a few months. Starring, as near as I can tell, every decent action movie star known to human kind -- with the sad exception of omitting Michael Ironside as a bad guy -- this film is set to release August 13, which cannot come soon enough.

Also just showing up online is the second trailer for the Liam Neeson-headed big-screen version of The A-Team. I was at first leery of this one, because it is difficult to imagine anyone stepping into the roles made famous by the cheesy TV cast. Plus, the movie's creators said they were looking at a "more realistic" version that, moved from Vietnam to the Middle East, would provide some kind of commentary on U.S. military ventures there. The fact that someone would, with a straight face, use the phrases "more realistic" and "The A-Team" in the same sentence disqualifies them from having an opinion worth caring about. But the trailer intrigues me, and my inner Army-playing, explosion-loving, watch-the-bad-guys-lose-and-like-it eight-year-old may just get me to take him to see it.

I'm not riding my bike, though. The nearest theater to me is, like 12 miles away, and some of them are on an interstate highway.

No comments: