Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Gifted

The natal day was observed, as these days often are in developed nations during the 21st century, with a couple of phone calls and far too many Facebook congratulations to enable me to maintain my curmudgeonly character.

Those were very welcome, but the best part of the day was getting to deliver some donated school supplies to one of our area elementary schools and watching the counselor's eyes light up at the abundance of crayons and brightly colored pencils no less than I imagine my own did when I first contemplated that box of 64 -- sixty-four! -- different shades with which my imagination might put to paper any idea that came to it.

And the other best part came in getting to finish the day in worship at the nearby campus ministry and receive the greatest gift ever given, the Eucharist and all it symbolizes.

We'll have to count this one as a win.

No comments: