Saturday, October 15, 2011

Life Is Funny...Give Examples

I'm reading a book about the spiritual poison of hurrying in preparation for an Advent sermon series, and this morning I walked out to an outside amphitheater at our Methodist campground at Lake Texoma. While enjoying the dawn, I was joined by some college students on a retreat with their campus ministry group from the Malankara Orthodox Syrian Church of India. I stepped back to allow them to have their morning prayers, but one of the priests asked me if I would like to join them. What a very blessed experience! Much of their liturgy was in English, so I could follow along, and the priest helpfully showed me where to turn in the prayer book. What a great experience of being welcomed by the Body of Christ, and one I would not have had if I had not taken the time in the morning to stop in my jog an watch the sunrise.

No comments: