Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Travel Pages

I'm currently reading a used book that someone marked with a hotel business card. It's always interesting to find these little tidbits in previously used books (and in this case it's almost the most interesting thing about the read by far, but more on that another time).

An earlier find led me to realize that the plane ticket might not be the most expensive part of a trip to Hawaii, at least if I intended to eat. This one gives me a link to a hotel in Newcastle, Wyoming (interesting, since I've lived in a town called Newcastle before). It's apparently a resort kind of place near the Wyoming/South Dakota border and boasts of being able to visit several national sites like Mount Rushmore and the Black Hills. I've no idea what its rates are because the hotel site lacks online registration or room information, and the national travel sites can't find it.

But hey, if I ever find myself in Newcastle, Wyoming, I'll be able to return the hotel's business card to it. Providing it actually exists, that is.

2 comments:

Jennifer Chronicles (jenx67.com) said...

My KOSU commentary this week was about signs and the interconnectedness of everything. I just watched the film Jeff, Who Lives At Home. Maybe I'm just thinking of this stuff, but your post reminded me of that. And, I swear, I think there's a movie about someone finding a note in a book and thus, the protagonist sets out on a new course.

Friar said...

I think you're right about the movie. I was waiting for the OSU commentary to show up on your blog so I could return the "traffic favor."