Monday, April 15, 2013

Thanks, Mr. President

I'm often critical of President Obama's performance in office, but I have tried to make it a practice to highlight it when I like something he's done or the way he's done it. His briefing earlier today following the bombing at the Boston Marathon was perhaps a little more cautious than some people would like, but I felt he said the right things and did not over-commit to defining an event we are still somewhat unsure about.

Nobodies like me can sound off, loathsome vermin like Michael Moore, Cenk Uygur and Nick Kristof can express the depths of their filthy souls and irresponsible meatheads like Chris Matthews can speculate with all of the neuron they can muster, but the President doesn't have that luxury. He sounded judicious and thoughtful, which is what I would hope for. So again, thanks, Mr. President.

No comments: