Tuesday, December 29, 2015

An Arc of Tea

The below photo is what it looks like when you take a picture at the exact second you sling hot tea into -40 degree air in front of a sunset.


It's also a pretty good visual representation of what you feel like on a day when everything goes right.

(On an unrelated note, you may have spotted that I did not indicate whether the -40 was in Celsius or Fahrenheit. That's because the -40 mark is the one temperature at which both scales converge, and -40 in one is -40 in the other.

In the most precise scientific terms, I believe the actual temperature is referred to as "frickin' cold, man.")

(H/T Bored Panda)

2 comments:

CGHill said...

Someone once told me that 40 below was close to the lower limit for driving, and it's not an engine issue: much colder than that, and if you hit a pothole, the tire might actually break.

I have not tested this myself, for obvious reasons.

Friar said...

I'm with ya on the "take someone else's word for it" decision.