Tuesday, May 31, 2016

I'd Let Him Play Through

In Florida, it's not uncommon to see alligators in settings that we ordinarily don't see them -- like out in the open instead of in an enclosure. Especially near bodies of water. Sometimes, Floridians seem almost blasé about the whole business, if they're far enough away from the toothy lizard, that is.

But every now and then even they get a little nervous when ol' Chomp shows up, as did the fellows in this video linked at Time. I suspect most of us would, as the gator in question is probably fifteen feet long. It was taking a stroll along the golf course, and a golf course employee says it's shown up there now and again and is almost like a mascot for some of the players and employees. They don't bother it, she says, and it doesn't bother them.

Well, I am certain I would have no problem keeping my end of that bargain, but betting on the other party keeping his part of that deal might cost you an arm and a leg.

No comments: