Sunday, February 5, 2017

Straightened Priorities

So the Super Bowl went into overtime. When the game opened, I as a Kansas City Chiefs fan was as interested as I have been in any Super Bowl since IV-- not very.

I was sort of hoping for a Falcons victory, because they've not been all that often and because today is Hank Aaron's birthday. He didn't play football, but he has made Atlanta his home and it would have been nice for that kind of a win for a "hometown hero" of sorts. I was also sort of hoping for a Patriots loss, because Tom Brady is a smarmy cheater and it's never unpleasant to watch cheaters lose.

Either way, the highlight of Super Bowl Sunday for me was that it's now just 56 days until Opening Day and nine days until pitchers and catchers report for spring training.

No comments: