Saturday, July 15, 2017

Seeing Clearly

On the night that Donald Trump was elected, I posted a Facebook status expressing gladness that since Gary Johnson appeared on my ballot, I could vote for someone who was merely mediocre instead demonstrably unfit of character for the office of President of the United States.

A friend of 35 years unfriended and blocked me within five minutes of the post. She was "sickened" by my vote and "feared for our country" because of Pres. Trump's win. Blocked, I didn't have the chance to tell her I would respect her choice and wish her well, and that I considered the loss to be mine. I can't say that the outcome of that election made me all that happy either, but fearful for our country?

As long as it has people like these who banded together to help strangers in dire need, not a chance in hell of that, sweetheart.

No comments: