Sunday, March 18, 2018

The Invulnerable Bracket

Everyone I see online is talking about how the University of Maryland-Baltimore County's win over the Virginia Cavaliers has completely wrecked their NCAA Mens Basketball Tournament bracket. Not mine. It's still 100% on target.

Now sure, this is the first time in the tournament history that a number 16 or bottom seed has beaten a number 1 or top seed. And UMBC did more than squeak out its win; the Retrievers administered a 74-54 thumping that could very well cause every Cavalier to transfer out next year in order to avoid wearing that uniform again.

But how could my bracket still be unspoiled? Am I claiming to have chosen the right winner for every game played so far during the tournament? Not at all. I'm just claiming I made all of the right picks:


No comments: