Wednesday, April 3, 2019

Me, Meet Myself...

This one's fun -- when he was still a young man and a writer of history, Winston Churchill's attention was drawn to an American novelist named Winston Churchill. The two corresponded and even met once, when the English Churchill visited the states.

Born to a British father and an American mother, Churchill when addressing the United States Congress shortly after Pearl Harbor offered, “And by the way, I cannot help reflecting that if my father had been American and my mother British, instead of the other way around, I might have got here on my own.”

I once saw that a person with my name on Facebook had a listing of books he liked, and I sent him a message noting the coincidence. He "friended" me and we now enjoy the confusion produced when we comment on each other's posts. Especially since he lives in New Zealand and I here in good old Oklahoma. It's really good when he wishes me a happy birthday, since it comes a day "early" for those of us on this side of the International Date Line. So it looks like I am not only the kind of narcissist who wishes myself a happy birthday, I do it on the wrong date.

No comments: