Monday, April 29, 2019

Social Medium

The title refers to the person folks may have to employ to reach a big chunk of the people who will be on Facebook in 2100 -- because by that time, according a research study, there will be more dead people or "zombie profiles" on the social media site than living ones.

The study was conducted by two researchers at Oxford University, which means that a whole bunch of my particular belief bubbles have burst. If the trends they observed continue, then there could be as many as 4.9 billion dead Facebook profiles as the 22nd century dawns. I have no idea if they are right. I do know that even if the situation somehow happens as they suggest and it is for some reason a problem for someone, it won't be one for me because I'd be 136 years old and whether breathing or not, I'll probably have a lot more important things on my mind.

No comments: