Monday, September 9, 2019

Rest in Peace

The death of Dustbury blogger Charles Hill following an auto accident removes Oklahoma's best blogger from the internet. Charles had been dealing with some significant health challenges in the last couple of years which had not slowed his practice of regular and plentiful postings.

I met him once, corresponded with him frequently via our respective comment sections and always appreciated his comments on my posts. I am glad that after he linked several recent entries I followed through on an impulse to thank him in the comment section of one of them. Through Charles' site I discovered several other good blogs to read and because he included me in his list of links I know there were people who found mine.

Oklahoma blogging was better because of Dustbury and will be much, much less now that Charles is gone.

3 comments:

Roger Owen Green said...

My condolences to us all

Caren said...

Just came here after seeing your comment on his blog. That was nice of you to thank him. He'd linked to some of my Tweets (and my former blog) and I wish I'd thanked him, too. (Or maybe I did. Hard to remember what I said on Twitter!) I'll read your blog now too. C

Friar said...

Indeed, Roger. And thanks, Caren, that's very kind to say. Hope it's an experience worth the time.