Saturday, May 16, 2020

Influencer!

Michigan Representative Justin Amash announced today that he would not continue to seek the Libertarian Party's nomination for president of the United States. According to the article in Reason, he concluded that his chances of meaningfully competing for the office should he secure the LP's nomination were nonexistent. I can't imagine why it took him three weeks and an exploratory committee to figure this out; I've done nothing but read some news items on my own over the last three years and I could have told him that.

Rep. Amash had no comment on the possibility that his candidacy was derailed by a blog post's identification of him with Eddie Haskell.

As I read the rest of the story at Reason, I came to the realization that I will almost certainly be voting for a candidate I've never really heard of. But considering the two on offer whom I have heard of, I'm not really persuaded that's a negative.

No comments: