Friday, August 13, 2021

Corny...But Awesome

I would have posted something about this yesterday when it happened but I was so surprised Rob Manfred got something right I have spent the last 24 hours in a coma collapsed on my keyboard.

Building an actual "Field of Dreams" in Iowa in the cornfield 30 years after the movie of that name came out? Use the White Sox and Yankees as the combatants, as in the ghostly game in the movie? Have it introduced by the movie's lead, Kevin Costner?

I'm almost as stunned to type it as I was to see it.

And if anyone knows how to clean reversed keyboard letters off human foreheads I'd appreciate a little help...

2 comments:

Brian J. said...

Ackshully, the Field of Dreams is where the filmed the movie, and it's been trying to be a tourist destination with limited success ever since.

The Field of Dreams Web site is a little ambiguous about it, but I read a magazine article about it some time ago.

Friar said...

The long shots make it clear that the diamond the Sox and Yanks played on wasn't the one created for the movie. I don't know how old the story is, but I remember reading that the guy who owned the field let a big chunk of it go back to planting; leaving just a little space around the infield still movie-set like.